The month of April is upon us and we know holidays have been on your mind, because we cannot keep our selves from planning the next adventure either.
If you are confused thinking where to head to next, don’t worry we have you sorted!
Here is a list of 5 of our favourite destinations within Africa, to save you from long-haul flights, while ensuring the holiday experience is unforgettable at the same time.
Although quite often overlooked by travelers, Durban could easily be seen as a widely undiscovered holiday destination.
A tropical, urban gem, located in South Africa’s Indian Ocean coast, Durban is a city offering the sophistication of a modern city, to the earthiness of a coastal location. The blend of cultures, and the architectural masterpieces scattered all over the city, makes it a unique destination worth exploring.
Here are our top two reasons why Durban should be on your bucket list for this Easter holiday!
- The Golden Mile: A destination for families, water sport enthusiasts and sand sculptors alike. The clear waters of the Indian ocean, and an array of resorts make it a popular place for tourists to unwind.
- Experience the Zulu culture: Visit Shakaland or PheZulu Safari Park to witness the culture of South Africa’s largest ethnic group firsthand. Get the chance to watch tribal dances, participate in traditional ceremonies and sip local beer as you spend a day in a rural Zulu village.
The scenic and exotic city of Mombasa, is a tourist magnet throughout the year. A perfect holiday spot for those who love luxury tourism, with a side of cultural glimpse, and scenic attractions.
If you are planning to visit Mombasa this Easter, here are our top two recommendations to make your visit worthwhile.
- Skydive in Diani: What else could be a better way to admire the beauty of the coastal town of Mombasa, than from the 12,000 feet above the ground?
Explore the option of skydiving if you wish to get out of your comfort zone and unleash your wild side.
- Treat yourself to exotic seafood: Mombasa and seafood are two words synonymous in our dictionaries. We believe there is no better place than Mombasa to get a taste of the best quality exotic seafood that is delicious, fresh and flavourful. So, while you’re at it, make sure to make your Mombasa experience tasteful in every way!
A home to beautiful mosques, palaces, gardens and local souk markets, Marrakech is a city that captivates your heart on the very first visit.
The city offers plenty of activities for its visitors, below are our top two things to do in the city.
- Hot air balloon ride: Book yourself to an authentic hot air balloon experience while in Marrakech. The balloon flies you over the berberi villages, desert oasis, deep valleys and the Atlas Mountains, showcasing the diversity of landscapes that the city of Marrakech boosts.
- Visit the Souks: Get lost in the labyrinth of the enchanting souks of Marrakech. The magical marketplace should be on the top of your list while visiting the city. Whether you are looking for literature, handicrafts or traditional sweets, there is nothing you won’t find at a local souk. So make sure to take your time, relax and explore.
The largest island in the Seychelles archipelago, Mahé is popular for its picturesque white-sand beaches and popular luxury resorts scattered all across the coast of the island.
Apart from offering a relaxing holiday under the tropical sun, and the clear blue waters of the Indian Ocean, Mahé makes a popular destination for more reasons than that.
- Visit local markets: Apart from the poster perfect beaches, the island of Mahé offers its visitors a beautiful display of the local culture, exotic fruits, handicrafts and souvenirs at the local markets. Don’t forget to carry your camera as you enjoy a day strolling past the stalls at the Sir Selwyn Selwyn-Clarke Market and get some of the best deals.
- Visit Victoria: Situated on the north-eastern side of the island, Victoria is the capital city of Seychelles. Established under the British colony, the city was named after Queen Victoria. The city’s colonial history is still preserved through its architecture and various monuments scattered across the capital. Although being the capital city, life is slow paced in the city of Victoria. One would not feel the rush of big crowded cities, but the sleepy, laid back feel of the city makes it a great escape from the hustle bustle of fast-paced city lives.
The ancient city of Giza has a history that is known to the world. The mysterious lands of Giza is a popular tourist destination throughout the year. Firstly, due to being home to the most majestic wonders of the world, and for the tons of other activities and entertainment opportunities it offers its visitors.
- Pyramids: Of course, the pyramids should be the number one reason to visit Giza. One of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the majestic pyramids are awe-inspiring, and a truly breathtaking beauty for visitors from around the world.
- Water Diving: Even the Red Sea is a treasure trove of ancient remains! Take a scuba diving course to experience a proper dive, and discover the wrecks that remain under water, apart from the coral reefs and the beautiful marine life.